Well, this time of the year is always bitter sweet to me. On the one hand you have NFL & NCAA football coming back, on the other hand you realize that summer is coming to an end. Today is August 1st, check out some of the NFL headlines.
- Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson suspended 6 games for violating NFL’s personal conduct policy
- 49ers, WR Deebo Samuel agree to three-year contract extension worth up to $73.5 million
- Cardinals QB, Kyler Murray tests positive for COVID-19
- Atlanta Falcons – WR Bryan Edwards is considered “day-to-day” after sustaining a shoulder injury on Saturday, but it’s not considered to be long-term issue, coach Arthur Smith told reporters Monday.
- Buffalo Bills – S Micah Hyde (hip/glute) returned to practice on Monday in full pads. Hyde was considered day-to-day after sustaining the injury Friday.
- Cleveland Browns – OT Jack Conklin (knee) was activated from the PUP list, the team announced. Conklin, who is now available to practice, underwent surgery for his torn patellar tendon on Dec. 6.
- Dallas Cowboys – WR James Washington was carted off the practice field after appearing to suffering a possible leg injury.
OT Matt Waletzko (shoulder) will not practice this week, coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. McCarthy adds that the team is trying to evaluate whether or not the rookie can play through the injury, but surgery seems likely.
- Denver Broncos – WR K.J. Hamler (knee) passed his physical and is cleared to return to the practice field on Monday, the team announced. Hamler returns after suffering a season-ending ACL tear in Week 3 of the 2021 season.
- Kansas City Chiefs – The Chiefs avoided an injury scare Monday when quarterback Patrick Mahomes was stepped on by an offensive lineman during team drills. Head coach Andy Reid did not express concern for Mahomes (left foot) following practice.